Accidents happen all the time! The nature of an accident is that it’s unexpected and unplanned. At Arrowhead Foothills Dentistry, we get it. That’s why we offer emergency dentistry. Our staff will do their best to squeeze you in for an emergency appointment. If your accident happens after office hours, you can call the after-hours hotline. Our hotline will tell you what to do in case of a dental emergency.
Some people may wonder what qualifies as a dental emergency. We’ve designed this convenient list to let you know what is a dental emergency and what to do in case it happens.
- A Knocked-Out Tooth: If your tooth gets knocked out, don’t fret! The first thing you should do is rinse off your tooth with water. Make sure you don’t touch the tooth roots as this can compromise your tooth. Once your tooth is washed, put it back in its socket. Then, hold it in place with a wet, warm rag. If you don’t feel comfortable putting it back in its socket, you can place your tooth in a container of milk. Once your tooth is properly preserved, call our office and we will schedule you for an emergency appointment!
- Severe Toothache or Abscess: If you have a severe toothache, you may have a cavity or infected pulp. We recommend wearing a cold compress to ease the pain and swelling. Call our office for an emergency dental appointment.
- Broken or Loose Crown or Filling: If your crown or filling falls out, try to save it. Then, call our office for an appointment.
- Foreign Object Lodged in Gums: If you’ve tried to floss out the object and still haven’t had any luck, call our office.
- Cuts on the Gums, Tongue, Cheeks, or Lips: Lacerations on the tongue, gums, cheeks, or lips can qualify as a dental emergency. Call our office to schedule an appointment.
Whatever your dental emergency, we can help. Give our office a call and we will do our best to schedule for an emergency dentistry appointment. Contact us today!